Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The honour I received

Last night I got a present from my hubby and children. Thank you so much my loves… A very pretty designer blouse ….just what I love and wanted. I also received a card specially made by Fatini. This morning on the way to school, Fatini suddenly said Happy Birthday mommy!

Last night something amazing happened to me too. Normally when getting Emir to sleep, I will lie close to him with my face very close to his face. So last night, while Emir was between his slumber state and being awake, he touched and caressed my hair in front of my face. Since my hair was a bit wet and I didn’t want him to feel the coldness of my hair and thus make him awake, I tried to take his hand away and move my face away a bit. I did this a couple of times because he persisted to caress my hair.
Suddenly he said, Mommy I am not pulling your hair, I just do this (showing that he just pulled gently and caressing my hair). I love your hair. Your hair is beauful (beautiful). I like your hair, your hair is beauful (beautiful).
Did I hear that correctly? My, this is the first ever compliment I got from Emir, my 3 years 5 months old son. He gave me compliment and he praised me. This is going to be a beautiful relationship between me and my son. He is a natural on how to make this mommy happy. My heart melted, my heart swelled, and I was smiling so big in the dark.
Thank you Emir, I said. Ok, mommy, Emir replied and fell asleep.