Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend in Melaka

Saturday afternoon we planned to go back to Melaka. I was so tired and sleepy in the afternoon so I took time to nap first and finally we went off at half past six or something. The kids were excited since morning when they know they are going to visit Grandma Wan. When we arrived Melaka my mother already cooked dinner for us. Fatini was well behaved, shook and kissed Wans hand. Emir was not in the mood to be that nice, looked like he was being shy. But that was only when we first arrived. He warmed up fast and then was his playful self playing happily with Wan. I am glad that my kids could get closed to their grandma. I never had that kind of experience because my grandmother (my fathers side) last time was not the one who hugged and kissed the grandchildren. I never knew my grandparents from my mothers side since they were long gone before my mother married my father.

Once my kids arrived they took control of the TV channel. It was cartoon all the time and Wan couldnt watch the Akademi Fantasia. Ha Ha kesian Wan.

The next morning my kids got a lovely surprise. They found that Wans house got a rabbit. Actually it was their cousins rabbit which were left there because Nabila and Hakeem went to visit their dad in Kazakhtan. So the whole morning they were stroking and force feeding the rabbit with a big carrot. There went Wans carrots for lunch!

In the afternoon we decided to go to the Banda Hilir. Wan followed us as well. I havent been there for a long long time and especially ages ago during daylight. And what a big big surprise. Bandar Hilir has changed totally but pleasantly. Wow!  Even though some additions were a bit haphazard but they are there and they are new and attracts lots of people to come and visit. Anyway we just went to Mahkota Parade. After a bit of shopping my husband and I stopped for foot reflexology. It was okay (but last night I couldnt sleep very well, wonder whether the reflexology that caused it).

Another thing that made me happy was that it was a long time since I went to shopping malls with my mother. I mean I couldnt remember when was the last time I went out with her. I dont know why we didnt do that anymore. So it was fun having her yesterday. Then we stopped at the coffee shop for coffee, drinks, charred koay teow, and toast with kaya before we went home.

I should take Wan for holiday some time.