Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthday Party








Last Sunday had been one of the most memorable by Fatini and Emir too by the way. Fatini and Emir woke up so early. Fatini insisted to bathe and put on her beautiful yellow princess dress. And that was only 7 o’clock in the morning. She was so happy with the dress and she really looked like a little princess. But she had to wait until 10 before we finally left for the party. She didn’t let Emir pull or step on her dress fearing it may tear and off course Emir didn’t obey which let to some verbal fight and “Mummy! Mummy! screaming.
I was quite apprehensive of the upcoming party the night before and woke up early to get prepared. Even though I already ordered some food for children and parents from the organizer, as an addition I cooked some Alfredo pasta and jelly to bring over to the party. I also have special cup cakes made which bear Fatini’s photo on each of the cupcake.
We arrived at the party venue at 10.15 am and the guests were expected to arrive at 10.30 am. The organizer was ready. I was peeking at the food and cake and felt that everything was in order. They had prepared a special Dora birthday cake for Fatini. It was a huge one. I took some photos with my handphone before the guests came as shown here.
Then the guests arrived bringing presents and handed them to Fatini. Approximately 35 children attended Fatini party. There were another 40 parents and luckily the place was big enough to cater for all. The children started the games excitedly. Everybody including parents were impressed with Fatini’s dress and thought she stood out as the belle of the party which she should be since it’s her party.
Emir was extra excited with the party and games. However came the volcano game he was scared and asked me to carry him. That was only temporary though since he was back to his old self a few minutes after.
I could hardly find Fatini which was lost in between her many friends. I took photo with my videocam and had not processed them so I couldn’t post them here. I had to entertain the adults as well so I was quite busy. The children were in motion all the time and it was difficult to catch a good picture. The children were so happy to meet each other . The party organizer seemed to conduct the party and handled the children so well.
The children and parents were impressed with the cup cakes which bear Fatini’s photo and Fatini’s best friend had difficulty to eat the cupcakes because she didn’t want to “eat” Fatini. The photo was edible by the way. I could see all of them had a great time. The party was supposed to end at 12.30 but most lingered until 1 pm for chit chatting.
There were tons of presents for Fatini which she couldn’t wait to open as soon as we reached home. Even though I allowed her to take off the wrapper to look at the present I didn’t let her take out all. Well she managed to get me to allow her to play with a few actually. There were too many for her to play at one time. When I asked her, how many presents did you get? she said, a hundred! with a big smile on her face.
It was a successful party and I was pleased and relieved.
Fatini was obviously one of the popular girls at school since most parents told me their children insisted to attend Fatini’s party. A couple of teachers attended as well.
Fatini didn’t take off her princess dress until almost bed time.