Friday, February 13, 2009

Subject on Love

Tomorrow is Valentine I dont care where the word Valentine comes from and I am not going to check or ponder on it. I am just trying to find an excuse to celebrate love. Yeah, people say we can celebrate love everyday thats true too. We can love everyday but celebrate is another thing all together. One day to celebrate HariRaya, one day for CNY, one day for any celebration. So I am joining the others to celebrate love tomorrow. (Writing about love makes me feel in love all over again).

This makes me think how I have been taking love for granted in my daily life. Love is one of the greatest gifts from God. Without love how empty life could be for me. It makes me reflect on my children as my eyes shadowed with love for them every time I cast my eyes on them. Last night, both the kids were writing, drawing and coloring so earnestly on the books and as I was observing and admiring them, my heart swelled with love. I was thinking to myself how fast they have developed and turned out so well.

It also makes me think about love for self. Not that selfish love that prioritize oneself over everything else but love which is driven by love for others. Without me taking care of myself, how could I take care of my loved ones. I couldnt bear to think of me being sick and become the source of worries for my little ones. I also want to look beautiful and healthy and work hard so that one day my kids can say when they are older that my mother is a beautiful woman who worked hard for us (not that I am really beautiful in a real sense hehehe).

Love is indeed a motivation to strive to be a better person.

I have been thinking what to do for tonight and tomorrow.Maybe I am going to wear something nice and go for dinner somewhere with the love of my life, my kids and my husband. And tomorrow I am also seeing my mother, another love of my life. Ill buy her flowers or some simple gifts. Today and tomorrow I will reflect and recognize the individuals that form my circle of love and thats all that I will do to celebrate love on Valentine day!

<<love.jpg>>