Friday, February 20, 2009

Shopping for my daughter

<<DSC07137.jpg>> <<DSC07130.jpg>> <<DSC07129.jpg>>

I have noticed my daughter lack of top shirts. She has only a few as favorites and refused to wear other shirts which she think embarrass her or not to her trend (according to her peers standards) so her available choice for shirts become even less. Some of the shirts she wore are those bought a few years back, all are still in good condition but her growing form makes the shirts seem smaller and I thought it may be uncomfortable for her. The other day the daddy had already bought a few but by the frequency she changes her clothes, its still not enough. I decided to use the long lunch hour today to do some shopping for her clothes. I went to KLCC. I decided to have lunch first to fill my empty stomach so that I would have the extra energy to carry my feet around browsing the shops. So I sat down at the Lawn and made order, ate quickly, gulped down the drink and I was ready to shop.

Theres no apparent sale anywhere at the moment. I took a glance at Mothercare but decided not to go there. So I went to Isetan. There were only Barbie shirts on sales and I feel the shirts are rather boring since they are all pink and have the Barbie prints on the shirts. There were some other shirts which are either too expensive or too low quality. I dont want to buy those which upon a couple of machine wash will shrink or fade in colour. I browsed and after touched here and grazed there I bought a new Ben10 shirt for Emir and some Ben10 toys. Okay this was not in the plan but I couldnt find Fatinis shirt yet. Anyway I know Emir would be excited to see the shirt and the toys later today. Its so easy to pick up boys clothes but girls clothing requires state of the art creativity to select and choose. If I buy wrongly she wont wear them. Before I left Isetan I also bought some new milk bottles and nipples I promised for Fatini last night since she complained her bottles always leak at the nipple connection. (Both my children still drink milk from the bottles). All the shops outside Isetan didnt impress me at the moment due to unavailability of sales. So I went to Parkson not putting any high hopes of finding anything.

Pleasantly surprised I saw some suitable shirts that I think will be acceptable to my little girt. Hopefully she will like these. I chose varied colours and style, I know she would love the long sleeves also. So I picked a few here and a few there and upon being satisfied that I have picked the right ones I proceeded to pay and by that time it was after 2 pm. It was time to go but not yet since I wanted to stop at the cold storage. All and all I ended up with three shopping bags one of which was quite heavy and on top of that I decided to walk the distance back to the office. By the time I reached the comfort of my office, my feet could hardly stand anymore.