Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My son

I was at home for Public Holiday yesterday. And I had my hands really full. Yes, with Emir. My charming, cheeky, naughty 3 year old son. He always said NO, NO to me. Anything I said to him, he will say NO first.

Me: Emir come take a shower! Emir: No!

Me: Emir.., change your shirt, Emir: No!

Me: Emir its time for dinner, Emir: No!

Hardly obeyed my instructions. Had his own mind. Did his own thing. Speeding around the house either in the toy car, on the bicycle or the scooter!

Yesterday we went to a book shop and he tore a page right in front of the book shop owner while she was talking about the books to me! He also put the books on the floor and rolled on them. He ate peanuts and scattered both peanuts and shells on the carpeted flooring all over the place. My what a headache he just didnt listen to me and I didnt want to be seemed like a crazy mother in the shop. The shopkeeper kept her cool as I was placing order of books luckily the sum was big enough not warrant the owner to ask me to pay for the torn book. Also I have been a loyal customer. And for Emir I thought thats it! Better leave now and Im going to deal with him later. This was just one incident. There were a few happened yesterday like running away from me in the mall and kept on running fast and away, I was scared he may be snatched by some bad people. At home he played with my printer switching it on and off over and over again just to hear the cartridges moving. Not to mention fighting with the sister.

I spanked Emir before on the behind but I dont think I get the desired effect and I dont want to do it so often. At the same time I feel so sorry for him. I must have done something wrong somewhere.

However, feedback from school on him has been very good. He is said to be attentive in class. Then why is it with me, he seems to be on the naughtier side? I wonder whether I have been too lenient with him or too softie. He is very close to me. Always snuggled close. Always being so lovely when hes being good. .

What stole my heart is his consistent YES to a certain question like in this case

Me: Emir, do you love mommy? Emir: Yes!