Friday, June 26, 2009

Don't sweat the small stuff

When I heard about Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett this morning, I was enveloped by feelings of melancholy and sadness. Like other people, I just knew them from pictures and TV. But I did grow up with them even though they were in another side of the world. My childhood idol was Farah Fawcett with her blonde and flipping hair. I remembered as a child I used my mother's hair dryer trying to curl my hair like hers, looking into the mirror very2 hard trying to imagine I have the Caucasian eyes and I walked around shaking my head pretending that my hair was blonde like Farah Fawcett’s.
Then there was Michael Jackson songs over the years which I played over and over again. Silly as it may sound, I am one of those who feel this lost. They were part of my childhood and growing years memories.

These people died quite young. The news made me feel a little insecure about life. How our life can be taken unexpectedly and as swiftly as that. While these people have their own issues but so do we have our own issues albeit at different levels. And when death takes us these issues which took priority while we are alive become not as important anymore.

And one day it will be my turn.
I pray to God that my family, my kids and myself are graced by God with health, wisdom and long meaningful life. Amin.