Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My guests






Yesterday I had invited my two brothers and families to my house for dinner. I am happy to learn that my brother (the one who lives in Melaka and just started work in KL) has moved his whole family to our area in KL/Selangor. That makes three of us now. The other two are in Melaka closer to my mom. I’m thankful to them for being around closer to my mother to keep her company. I know they visit my mother very2 often.

As for me here it’s nice too to know relatives are around. If there is a kenduri kendara at any of our places, we know at least that this crowd is around to support. Prior to recent years, I have been very much alone in KL. I hardly meet any of them except if we happen to visit my mom’s house at the same time. Any one of us would also be on extended oversea assignment which make it very difficult to meet. I guess we are all much older now and are more settled. And eventually we want to go back to basics i.e. stay at home with family and form back bonds with siblings and close relatives and friends.

So they came last night. My idea is just a simple get together. Once I arrived home from work at about 6.30 pm, I started my cooking (spaghetti olio) in a large pot to feed 6 adults and 10 big and small kids. I supplemented the meals with ordered nasi goring from nearby café, popiah, black forest cake and durian for desserts. My SIL asked me mana lauk, hehe tak de, ni aje.... Anyway my spaghetti was favourite with little Farisha (youngest cousin). I think she ate my spaghetti non stop! and she ate the cake too! and yet she's so tiny.....
Fatini and Emir were so excited to see many cousins came. But I think they miss Hakeem and Nabila's presence. However Emir was so delighted to meet so many bigger boys and had a mighty boys night, running and tumbling around . It was good to be together