Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What! No water?

Yesterday, feeling exhausted I just wanted to reach home, cook dinner and just resting my body in front of the TV. But just when you needed the rest, the least expected happened. At home there was not a drop of water coming from the taps. I checked and checked the main tap with no positive result. I called the neighbour who said her water tank was giving her the night supply. I dont know what happened to our water tank, but the maid came in this afternoon and may have used up all the water. Resigned with the fact and without any other choices, I used mineral water to cook rice and fried some chickens for the kids. Meanwhile I had let my husband knew about my sticky situation.

Once he arrived he suggested that we get ourselves overnight at the hotel. At first I was reluctant justifying that we could use the bottled water for minor wash etc. Anyway I just hated to waste money over an overnight stay at the hotel just because we didnt have water supply. But when the kids started I want to poo poo, I want to pee pee thing, that did it! I couldnt imagine and couldnt stand unflushed toilets. Telling the kids to hold on, we packed our bags and transferred ourselves to Hilton at PJ.

Fatini and Emir were happy to go out at night to the Federal Highway they forgot about wanting to go to the toilets just when an hour before they acted like it was so emergency.

The night was decorated with bright colourful lights coming from the streets, shops and the cars. I felt it was a nice view, maybe I havent been night outing for some time. The kids were so excited and treated last night as if we were on holiday. We checked ourselves in and got a nice room overlooking the highway. The kids were jumping around and finally once rested had their toilet routines. The bed and the temperature in the room were comfortable and after dinner the children fell asleep to my relief. I made myself a cup of tea, started on my novel again and finally dozed off to the slumber I had yearned.