Monday, August 17, 2009

New venture

Some weeks ago we planted some trees around the garden. Isnt it just about time? The garden has been bare before and it could be so hot under the strong afternoon sun.

We feel we need to increase shades around the house. And additional greens too apart from the grass. What better ways than to plant tall trees. So we called some planters to plant a few trees.

I was thrilled when the job was completed but the next day I found lots of dried leaves on the ground. Well, there’re really lots to sweep and clean. Is this going to be additional work for me?

I was concerned though about the survival of the trees and thus begin to water the plants diligently twice a day.

Apparently they are not additional burden for me. The trees are not shedding leaves anymore. I have noted with sheer joy and deep satisfaction that those trees are growing well and have already produced new young leaves, shoots and some have formed small flowers. I have watched the trees development every single day so I do notice every single change.

With the exception of two trees which somehow failed to thrive due to some mistakes during the early days (I think because of the soil does not absorb the water) where the leaves have all turned brown. I have watched with concern on these two trees. I watered them everyday hoping they will flourish back to life again. Obviously I need help with these, maybe professional help.

This planting trees venture has somehow have positive and therapeutic effect on me. It delighted me to see these trees thriving well. No wonder some people are so into gardening and planting. I just couldn’t wait for them to grow bigger and bigger and could imagine seeing the leaves swayed to the movement of the wind.

After this success, I just feel good enough to want to plant more. Somehow the ridiculously high cost of buying trees to plant has somewhat lost its petrifying power to me as the outcome is just indescribably worth it. It thrilled me to see them.

The kids also love the trees. When we first planted the trees, I asked Fatini what does a plant need to grow. Fatini’s answer was so correct, “ Water, Sun and Lots of Love , mommy”.

Now it becomes everyday routine to water the plants and the kids help spraying the water around wetting everything including the porch and my car, and themselves….and sometimes me to my agitation!