Monday, August 3, 2009

Nothing interesting

I still have the hoarsy voice today even though it's much better now. But I feel so sleepy possibly due to the prescribed drug I took. Last Friday had been a pain to talk and the kids were not letting me go easy bombarding me with endless questions which needed to be answered. Instead of torturing myself to talk I reverted to whispers but that sounded so funny. The funnier think was that Emir started to whisper too when talking balk to me and I really don't like that to become his habit. We ended up seeing the doctor in the neighbourhood that evening.

Lately Fatini had quite a regular nose bleeds, it happened almost everyday and this began to worry me. I don't know what's wrong and the amount of blood sometimes scared me. I had a strange feeling that it might be the Ribena she had religiously consumed everyday. So I put a stop to it for the time being using the elimination and observe tactic. She's quite obedient regarding all these health issues and had changed her drink to milo now. Since I stopped her on Ribena on Friday, the nose had not bled. Maybe it's too heaty for her but I'll keep an eye on her anyway. I had her drink more plain water as well, as I said to her, it's the doctor's order. She complied quite easily. She had eye irritation as well which the doctor said was conjunctivis however her eyes recovered quite fast having applied the prescribed eye drops.

Since I was not feeling well what with the medication and all, I felt sleepy throughout weekend and stayed in and slept through the days or otherwise got myself immersed in a novel. Emir wanted so much to go to the shopping malls for lunch and kept saying " I'm so hungry..." thing but he was not! For info I have started reading a novel again after so long and surprisingly had been able to do so without disturbance from the kids. It had been a long time since I put my hands on novels. I used to love to read so much.

Last night my friend living not far away texted me, saying her toddler son was drown in the pool however he managed to be saved and was recovering at the hospital. Thank god for that. My heart skipped a beat at first, however was relieved when she told me God has given her a second chance. Her youngest and only son has recovered. I don't know the details but she promised to tell me as soon as everything settles. I couldn't imagine the scare that she must have gone through. I pray to God we'll never have to go through such horrendous trial. My friend's house has a small swimming pool where her other older children swim regularly. Only last week she asked me whether my children like to attend the swimming lessons at her home as she had called a swimming instructor to train her children. I had to decline as the kids spend the whole week at day care.

I have always been worried about children in or anywhere near water unsupervised. Even now I don't leave my children alone in the bath tub. I know lots of people take this easy but there have been lots in the news where toddler got drown in as much as an inch of water.

We went to the swimming pool on late Sunday afternoon and for the first time Emir had gathered his courage and went down the water slides. He had been very scared to do it by himself before. Seems he is growing up fast before my very eyes.

This morning on the way to school/work Fatini and I witnessed a small accident on our right lane but big enough to cause a very loud thump with broken lights and dented bumpers. A car had hit another car in front which had tried to slot in through the small space in between and the young lady driver behind was not giving him any chance. Anyway when accident like this happen everybody is at inconvenience. For sure it caused a traffice jam, money and certainly they'll be late to work. Moral of the story is no matter how a jerk you see another driver, just give in to avoid accidents. That's called defensive driving. Secondly I would try to stay away from young drivers, they haven't gotten enough experience to have a sound judgement and predictive instinct. And stay away from trucks and trailers!

What a weekend!