Friday, May 14, 2010

The previous weekend, we went to Tanjong Dawai in Kedah. That was part of the trip back to Husband’s home town. I never knew there was a beach there, but the reason we went there was because my brother in law had started his fishery business. We also wanted to take my father in law for a ride and change of scenery.

The beach was not as clean and clear but there were quite a number of people, restaurants and stalls. We got to see the beach as well as the fishing boats moored by the jetty.

We had our evening meal of seafood at one of the outdoor restaurants. It turned out to be very expensive as I expected it to be cheaper than KL due to the remoteness and low maintenance of the place. Anyway I guess, the business people take advantage of the load of people visiting the beach.

Before returning to my MIL's house, we we went to Sg Petani where all the siblings and children gathered together for chit chat until late. Fatini and Emir were so happy to meet their cousins there especially Aishah and Armani. Armani has been, since small, an ardent admirer of Emir, we and even the grandparents had always wondered at the chemistry there. She's always like "Emir, Emir, Emir..."

Since the children were already big and had their scheduled activities it has been difficult to find time to go back to my hubby's home town due to the long and tiring journey. However, we tried to every three months or so. Andt when we did, we had nothing but good times. I had always enjoyed this part of Malaysia especially the food.