Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Day

Sunday was Mother’s day, yesterday was my anniversary and today is my birthday. May is really a special month for me. It is also the month of my sister’s birthday and my mom’s.

Fatini and Emir prepared a mother’s card at school. Fatini had been really monitoring mother’s day and kept on asking me day by day until Sunday. She's marvellous at remembering dates and days :-)

Last night, husband took us to dinner to celebrate my birthday cum anniversary. At first I thought it was just an ordinary dinner. So okay, no problem, let's go. But I dressed up a little bit though. After some drive, it turned out he brought us to Hilton at Sentral. Well, Fatini and Emir were awed by the hotel security checking the car boot and the underside before letting us through into the car park.

The dinner was at the Boardwalk by the poolside. It was a romantic place, but we were booked with table for four, off course. However, the view from the restaurant overlooking the city at night was fantastic. I was quite pleased with the place.


There, while enjoying the scenes and drinks we were serenaded by a trio singer with guitar and drum beats, and the quiet atmosphere (that was before the kids arrived) was pleasant. Emir was besotted with the singers and kept on watching them singing which was just nearby our table. We had also ordered dinner to our heart content. Fatini couldn't wait to eat.

Then the singers ended their singing session , I was not sure what the time was, as I was enjoying the moments. They sang beautifully and I was sorry the session ended. A while after, they approached our table, I thought they were just dropping to say Hi and Goodbye to us especially to Emir who had been watching them with a high level of admiration. I said to Emir, look! the singers come to see you. After saying hi and small talk with us, all of a sudden they started singing softly Happy Birthday song and a waiter, at the same time, brought a cake complete with candle and all glory to our table. Was that for me....? Wow!, that’s the first time I had been serenanded and celebrated that way, and in surprise. So they sang with guitar and music, with Emir’s loudly sang along, Happy Brithday to Mummy and the cake had Happy Brithday Mummy written on it and huge strawberries. Fatini who didn’t expect the surprise felt shy a little bit but Emir was singing happily aloud.

I was taken aback by my husband’s show of creativity in producing this surprise for me, I just didn’t expect it from him. Was that really him after all these years.... Thank you so much darling.

So we went home after, as the kids were getting sleepy and drowsy. Once at home, I was as usual, got immediately busy in the kitchen cleaning up and making milk for Emir, when all of a sudden I heard the kids murmurs of excitement again and my husband produced another surprise for me, a bouquet of roses. That was ah! so sweet.






I was so happy and touched by the family in celebrating my birthday. Who else in this world will share the special days with me if not them. Their acts made me forget all the exhaustion and nitty gritties that come along with being a working wife and mother.

Anyway, I thought last night was it, but unexpectedly this morning, I had another surprise. I think that’s the final one, hahaha. Anyway, thank you to my husband and my children for the wonderful dinner and surprises and presents. I love you all very, very much.