Thursday, January 21, 2010

So far so good

This week I feel a bit under the weather. It’s the flu, I got it and Emir got it. It started with him having the stuffy nose. With him sleeping so close to me , night after night, it’s always been the case, whatever bug he gets, I will eventually get it too.

My head had been aching on one side too since the past few days. I really hope it’s nothing, wishing as I always do despite the worries. I really don’t want to make that trip to the hospital to check my condition. I hate spending my precious time waiting for my turn. And I hate the nervousness when waiting for the medical result. It’s worse than the feeling I felt waiting for my exam results to come out.

My first two weeks of the year has started slowly and surely. My kids are back to their normal routine except that they were proud that they were upgraded to the next level of class. Both of them are excited about growing up and couldn’t wait to be “ mummy and daddy” and me and hubby become “ grandma and grandpa” as they put it.

Saturday morning is as busy as usual with the kids drama classes, only now Fatini has another class to attend which is the hip hop dancing. For me, okay…. The kids can join any class with the condition it doesn’t inconvenient me too much in terms of timing and that the kids love the classes. They can stop any time. Saturday afternoon and the whole Sunday is reserved for family time and swimming.

And me, I am back to work. The work is okay but the travelling in the morning and evening really kills me. It’s more tiring and more stressful to sit in the driver seats for hours than doing actual work at the office. I tried to leave the office earlier to beat the traffic before it starts to jam up.

This year and thereafter, I want to take things more easily, do things more slowly. I want to enjoy life more. Lead a healthy lifestyle. Plan more and achieve more with less effort off course. Most of all I want to bond beautifully with my children, so that they grow up happily.