Thursday, April 1, 2010

I have not been writing a long time, blame it on no time, no mood , no story to tell, or whatever…. Anyway, I certainly want to continue telling about my kids if not anything else that’s more exciting …. Emir who turned 4 last December has made an absolutely brilliant progress in reading and truth be told, it surprised me, but I was extremely thrilled by it. Why, he didn’t even want tor read last year, except listening to story read by me. But when I tried to teach him he had refused and shied away from it. Which had triggered sparks of concern from me, which is obviously unwarranted. All of a sudden this year, he showed a lot of interest and ta da…! he reads already… simple words but I think he is a lot advanced than expected….and he reads almost every night! What a joy!

Fatini, is turning 6 in two weeks time, and is an absolute darling to her teachers at school. She reads very well and that has started to include thicker informative materials. She’s obedient at school but at home , it’s another story altogether. Don’t ask me but she has a natural talent to drive me insane. What to say… that’s how the children behave when the mummy is around, more carefree with their feelings and I guess they will always try to test their boundaries within the safe surrounding.

This year Fatini will be spending her last year of kindergarten and gosh it’s already April. With her birthday coming so soon, I am planning her birthday to be celebrated at home so that she could bring her friends to our home. And this is a major headache for me right now. It is always more messy to do it at home and I’m running out of time and has progressed absolutely zero as of now. I am a bit confused with organizers and I don’t know how reliable they are. I just hope that finally everything will be going smoothly. I certainly have lots of work to do.