Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Emir and the dentist

I don’t know what to say about Emir. Half of the time he will be most adorable and the next half, he will do what he likes. He also kept me surprised with all his unexpected antics.

We went to see the dentist for check ups last month and found out that he has holes in his teeth. Quite significant ones. I have overlooked this, I felt terrible. Fatini’s teeth was allright though , except for one which was filled up last week. Fatini even though quite hesitant to sit in the dentist seat, once seated will remain quiet until everything is done to perfection.

Today was the third visit for Emir. It had been difficult to get him to open his mouth, to sit still and to let the dentist work on his teeth. On the 2nd visit a few weeks ago, he stopped the dentist, pulled out the instruments and the napkin and got up, saying ‘ I’m done’ while the dentist was still trying to fill up the tooth. We were offcourse (dentist, nurse and me) all tried to hold him still.

Anyway, today’s visit has improved, but still, he was rolling his body constantly, putting his legs up, etc and at one point actually told me a story, ‘you know mummy, when I was ….bla, bla, bla…” while the dentist still had his hands in his mouth! And we tried to stop him talking.

Anyway, the dentist had no choice than to expedite the filling job, the work according to him was not as perfect since Emir could not let him clean the tooth properly. Emir still have a few more visits to go. Hopefully he will be able to cooperate better next time.